    SubjectRe: [patch V2 00/17] entry: Provide generic implementation for host and guest entry/exit work
    Hi Thomas,

    On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 02:27:05PM +0200, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
    > When working on a way to move out the posix cpu timer expiry out of the
    > timer interrupt context, I noticed that KVM is not handling pending task
    > work before entering a guest. A quick hack was to add that to the x86 KVM
    > handling loop. The discussion ended with a request to make this a generic
    > infrastructure possible with also moving the per arch implementations of
    > the enter from and return to user space handling generic.
    >
    > https://lore.kernel.org/r/89E42BCC-47A8-458B-B06A-D6A20D20512C@amacapital.net
    >
    > The series implements the syscall enter/exit and the general exit to
    > userspace work handling along with the pre guest enter functionality.
    >
    > Changes vs. RFC version:
    >
    > - Dropped ARM64 conversion as requested by ARM64 folks

    If you fancy another crack at arm64 on your way back from Lyon, we've now
    got more of the asm->C conversion queued up here:

    https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arm64/linux.git/log/?h=for-next/entry-s-to-c

    No worries if not, but figured it was worth letting you know anyway.

    Will

      Last update: 2019-10-29 12:50    [W:4.055 / U:0.232 seconds]