SubjectRe: New sysfs interface for privacy screens
On Wed, Oct 2, 2019 at 9:46 AM Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Oct 2019 10:09:46 -0600
> Mat King <mathewk@google.com> wrote:
>
> > I have been looking into adding Linux support for electronic privacy
> > screens which is a feature on some new laptops which is built into the
> > display and allows users to turn it on instead of needing to use a
> > physical privacy filter. In discussions with my colleagues the idea of
> > using either /sys/class/backlight or /sys/class/leds but this new
> > feature does not seem to quite fit into either of those classes.
>
> FWIW, it seems that you're not alone in this; 5.4 got some support for
> such screens if I understand things correctly:
>
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=110ea1d833ad
>
> jon

Thanks Jon, I had seen that as well and I should have mentioned it in
my original post. That patch exposes the privacy screen using
/proc/acpi which does not seem ideal when adding more privacy screen
support into the kernel.

  Last update: 2019-10-02 19:15    [W:0.059 / U:9.224 seconds]