    SubjectRe: selftests/bpf doesn't compile
    Hi Geert,

    On 1/4/19 10:16 AM, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
    > Hi Shuah,
    >
    > CC kbuild, gpio
    >
    > On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 5:34 PM Shuah Khan <shuah@kernel.org> wrote:
    >> bpf test depends on clang and fails to compile when

    >> make -C tools/testing/selftests/bpf run_tests
    >>

    >> make: clang: Command not found
    >> Makefile:39: recipe for target '.linux-kselftest/tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_pkt_access.o' failed
    >> make: *** [./linux-kselftest/tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_pkt_access.o] Error 127
    >> make: Leaving directory '.linux-kselftest/tools/testing/selftests/bpf'
    >
    > The above failure is indeed due to missing clang.
    >
    >> With "make TARGETS=bpf kselftest" it fails earlier:
    >>
    >> make[3]: Entering directory './linux-kselftest/tools/lib/bpf'
    >> Makefile:40: tools/scripts/Makefile.arch: No such file or directory
    >> Makefile:84: tools/build/Makefile.feature: No such file or directory
    >> Makefile:143: tools/build/Makefile.include: No such file or directory
    >
    > This is due to srctree being "." instead of the actual source tree,
    > when invoked as "make kselftest".
    > When using "make -C tools/testing/selftests", srctree is correct.
    >
    > tools/testing/selftests/bpf/Makefile has:
    >
    > $(BPFOBJ): force
    > $(MAKE) -C $(BPFDIR) OUTPUT=$(OUTPUT)/
    >
    > to enter the tools/lib/bpf directory to force a build of libbpf.a
    >
    > Note that tools/gpio has the same issue.
    >
    > There seem to be _four_ different ways to build kselftests
    > (Documentation/dev-tools/kselftest.rst):
    >
    > make kselftest
    > make O=/path/to/output kselftest
    > make -C tools/testing/selftests
    > make O=/path/to/output -C tools/testing/selftests
    >
    > I'm not so fond of the latter two, as they basically run make from
    > somewhere inside the tree, which complicates things. I believe we don't
    > support this anywhere else.
    >
    > Each of the four seem to have (different) issues. Especially when you
    > throw cross-compiling into the mix. And care about where installed
    > headers end up (yes, kselftest calls headers_install internally).
    >
    > I'm working on fixes for some of them, but I don't know how to fix the
    > srctree issue.

    I will take a look at the srctree problem and fix it. I have had to fix
    a few individual test Makefiles after ksefltest headers_install went in.

    It will be in a week or two. I am taking some time off this week and
    next week other than for occasional email checking.

    thanks,
    -- Shuah

      Last update: 2019-01-04 20:08    [W:3.099 / U:1.012 seconds]