SubjectRe: [RFC 2/7] domainsctrl: Introduce domains controller framework
On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 09:26:45AM +0000, Benjamin GAIGNARD wrote:
> On 1/17/19 6:27 PM, Mark Brown wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 03:41:57PM +0100, Benjamin Gaignard wrote:

> > Do you have any clients in the works for this? It seems fairly likely
> > that everything is fine in terms of setting the mode but it'd be good to
> > confirm that's the case. The main thing I can think of that might be a

> Patch 3 use those functions to apply the default configuration before probing
> a driver (or after unbind it). I have in mind that drivers could ask to apply

Right, I saw that but I was more thinking of individual drivers.

> a configuration like it is done for pinctrl in resume/suspend functions.
> An example of that could be to start the hardware block on the main processor
> and, when going to sleep, change the configuration to grant the access to lower
> power processor.

Yes, that sounds like a good application. I can also imagine something
like handing some hardware over to an acceleration engine (or a smaller
microcontroller core acting as one).

  Last update: 2019-01-21 13:57    [W:0.792 / U:0.072 seconds]