SubjectRe: linux-next: build failure after merge of the mali-dp tree
On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 01:08:36PM +0100, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 10:51:02AM +0000, Liviu Dudau wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 09:47:25PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > > Hi Liviu,

> > > Thanks for your verification.

> > > You can only do that when your tree is merged with the drm tree (and
> > > it should be part of the merge resolution).
> >
> > I can also rebase on top of the latest drm-next tree, that should not be
> > a problem.
>
> If you have a lot of patches already rebasing is kinda discouraged. There
> might be other stuff that's conflicting and then making your entire tree
> non-bisectable (maybe just on one platform that you missed in testing).

My tree has always been "unstable", I have been rebasing it on top of
latest drm or drm-next in preparation for sending pull requests. I've hoped
that people don't depend on the linearity of my tree anyway and it hasn't
been an issue so far.

TBH, I should've based the latest update of my tree on drm-next anyway, I
just started at the time when it was at v5.0-rc1 so I thought it will not
matter.

Best regards,
Liviu

--
| I would like to |

  Last update: 2019-01-15 13:23    [W:0.115 / U:0.204 seconds]