SubjectRe: [RFC/RFT PATCH v1 0/9] mtd: fsl: quadspi: Fixes for fsl-quadspi.c driver (vybrid HW)
Hi Lukasz,

On Thu, 27 Sep 2018 00:07:30 +0200
Lukasz Majewski <lukma@denx.de> wrote:

> Please find following set of patches, which provide improved behaviour
> of the fsl-quadspi.c driver on Vybrid vf610 HW.
>
> Below code is based on previous work done by Albert ARIBAUD:
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/675401/
>
> I've cleaned up the code a bit, make separate patches, exclude not
> needed parts and port it to v4.19-rc3.
>
> After applying those patches, the quadspi controller on vf610 works
> with UBI/UBIFS.
> The problem is with some corner case writes to raw MTD device
> (like writing 1023B with single byte writes). Those fail sometimes.
>
> Regression tests can be found in the following repository:
> https://github.com/lmajewski/tests-spi/tree/master/tests
>
> (Please read README.txt).
>
> The NXP's community thread regarding HW issues in this block on
> the vf610:
> https://community.nxp.com/thread/485139
>
> Maybe those patches will be helpful with the new, work in progress
> driver for spi-fsl-qspi.c

Talking about that, can you try to port your fixes on top of Frieder's
patchset? I'm pretty sure some bug fixes are irrelevant after the
migration to spi-mem (patch 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 9 should be dropped I
think).

> Lukasz Majewski (9):
> Revert "mtd: fsl-quadspi: Rename SEQID_QUAD_READ to SEQID_READ"
> mtd: qspi: Provide quirk to read only half of RX buffer (NXP's vybrid)
> mtd: spi: Do not setup the default seqid as we got it set for DUAL and
> QUAD
> mtd: spi: Modify the HW capability mask according to supported RX
> lanes
> mtd: spi: Provide LUT entry to perform DUAL read
> mtd: spi: Enhance the fsl_qspi_read() method to support DUAL and QUAD
> mtd: spi: Add SPI_NOR_DUAL_READ property for the 'n25q128a13' Micron
> memory
> mtd: spi: Allocate memory corresponding to maximal fsl-quadspi.c
> controller area
> mtd: spi: Skip reading the Serial Flash Discoverable Parameters

  Last update: 2018-09-29 00:04    [W:0.161 / U:0.060 seconds]