SubjectRe: Maybe a copyright attack on linux
On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 05:55:18PM +0300, Дмитрий Леонтьев wrote:
> Or: "Why you should not use "kill switch" option proposed by smdy to
> protest against CoC"
>
> Hello.
>
> I'm neither a great software developer nor a lawyer, but I'm not a
> novice and I'm very annoyed whan I see this:
>
> https://woww.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/9iqr3u/linux_developers_threaten_to_pull_kill_switch/

Dmitry,

Before you worry overmuch, I suggest you take a look at the people who
are the claimed "linux developers" who are so "threatening" and see
how many commits (if any at all) they actually have contributed to he
Linux sources.

There are a lot of people who are not members of the Linux kernel
development community that have been contributing a huge amount of
noise on both sides of the controversy, both pro- and anti- CoC.

My view is that this noise is not at all helpful, and they have their
own agenda which they are trying to promote. A handy-dandy command if
you have the git tree for the kernel downloaded is:

git log --author=user@example.com

Best regards,

- Ted

  Last update: 2018-09-26 17:30    [W:0.039 / U:0.152 seconds]