SubjectRe: Code of Conduct: Let's revamp it.
On Sun, Sep 16, 2018 at 12:22:43PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> The one change that stands out and merits mention is the code of
> conduct addition...
[...]
> +Scope
> +=====
> +
> +This Code of Conduct applies both within project spaces and in public spaces
> +when an individual is representing the project or its community. Examples of
> +representing a project or community include using an official project e-mail
> +address, posting via an official social media account, or acting as an appointed
> +representative at an online or offline event. Representation of a project may be
> +further defined and clarified by project maintainers.

Hm, this "applies ... when an individual is representing the project or its
community", and that's the case when e.g. "using an official project e-mail
address".

By that measure, the document seems to only apply to fellows and employees
of the Linux Foundation and noone else.

Why is that? Were they the only ones misbehaving? ;-)

Seriously though, I read this to know what I need to be aware of but oddly
the language of this paragraph says it doesn't apply to me: I'm not using
an official project e-mail address nor an official social media account,
nor has anyone appointed me as representative. I can live with that, I'm
just wondering what the benefit of a document is that only seems to apply
to a tiny fraction of the community. Has this CoC been discussed anywhere?
I'm not seeing it in the LKML or ksummit-discuss archive.

Thanks,

Lukas

  Last update: 2018-09-17 13:49    [W:0.060 / U:0.996 seconds]