SubjectRe: linux-next: manual merge of the userns tree with the vfs tree
Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> On Wed, 20 Jun 2018 12:39:05 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
>
> Are there any comments on this resolution. I just had to do it all
> again due to slight changes in the vfs tree. What are you guys going
> to tell Linus when he comes to merge this?

Currently that the fscontext changes have a gaping security hole in it's
userspace API. Granted the security hole is copied from the existing
mount api. But I have had multiple real world problems with the
existing behavior, and I have reported it to David Howells multiple
times.

So I honestly don't think David Howells changes are ready to be merged.

The changes to proc exhibit the security holet and I expect they will
have to be redone to make the patch functional.

Eric

  Last update: 2018-08-06 19:39    [W:0.079 / U:1.592 seconds]