    SubjectRe: [RFC 0/4] Virtio uses DMA API for all devices
    On Sun, Aug 05, 2018 at 11:10:15AM +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
    > - One you have rejected, which is to have a way for "no-iommu" virtio
    > (which still doesn't use an iommu on the qemu side and doesn't need
    > to), to be forced to use some custom DMA ops on the VM side.
    >
    > - One, which sadly has more overhead and will require modifying more
    > pieces of the puzzle, which is to make qemu uses an emulated iommu.
    > Once we make qemu do that, we can then layer swiotlb on top of the
    > emulated iommu on the guest side, and pass that as dma_ops to virtio.

    Or number three: have a a virtio feature bit that tells the VM
    to use whatever dma ops the platform thinks are appropinquate for
    the bus it pretends to be on. Then set a dma-range that is limited
    to your secure memory range (if you really need it to be runtime
    enabled only after a device reset that rescans) and use the normal
    dma mapping code to bounce buffer.

      Last update: 2018-08-05 09:30    [W:2.628 / U:0.260 seconds]