    SubjectRe: [REGRESSION 4.17] Spurious wakeup / reboot with power button
    On Thu, 05 Jul 2018 12:41:03 +0200,
    Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

    > On Thursday, July 5, 2018 11:50:11 AM CEST Takashi Iwai wrote:
    > > On Thu, 05 Jul 2018 11:34:59 +0200,
    > > Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Hi,

    > > > There are only a few ACPI commits directly related to power management
    > > > between 4.16 and 4.17 and none of them looks particularly suspicious.
    > >
    > > OK, interesting.
    > >
    > > > It looks like the power button state may not be cleared sufficiently
    > > > after it's been pressed which is now visible for some reason.
    > >
    > > Hmm, where can such a state remain? Since it happens after the
    > > machine turned off, some (ACPI) wakeup bits?
    >
    > Basically, yes.
    >
    > It looks like a GPE may remain active which then triggers wakeup after
    > shutdown.
    >
    > On a hunch, I'm wondering if reverting commit
    >
    > 18996f2db918 ACPICA: Events: Stop unconditionally clearing ACPI IRQs during suspend/resume
    >
    > (may not revert clearly, though) makes any difference.

    OK, I'm building a 4.17.x test kernel with that revert, in OBS
    home:tiwai:bsc1099930 repo.

    Thomas, could you try later the kernel in
    http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/tiwai:/bsc1099930/standard/
    ? It'll take an hour or so until the build finishes.

    thanks,

    Takashi

      Last update: 2018-07-05 14:12    [W:2.485 / U:0.076 seconds]