    SubjectRe: [BUG] staging: r8822be: RTL8822be can't find any wireless AP
    On 07/04/2018 09:09 AM, Dan Carpenter wrote:
    > On Wed, Jul 04, 2018 at 08:55:00AM -0500, Larry Finger wrote:
    >> I do not think this is a bug.
    >
    > It's obviously a bug. The driver should just work by default.
    >
    > As a last resort, we would do something like add quirk or something. I
    > haven't looked at how quirks would be handled for this driver but grep
    > for quirk to see how other drivers do it.

    We will have to agree to disagree.

    I have no idea what the vendors are doing that cause some motherboards to need a
    different aspm value. What I do know is that we have had to live with the idiocy
    of some vendors saving a few pennies by only including a single antenna, rather
    than two, and then making a problem by miscoding the EFUSE bit that indicates
    which connector is actually in use. As we have no means that I know about to
    detect which boxes have the problem, a module parameter was created, just as in
    this case.

    I agree that drivers should work "out of the box", but finite resources and lack
    of vendor cooperation make this a goal that may not be attainable.

    Larry

      Last update: 2018-07-04 17:15    [W:3.516 / U:0.000 seconds]