SubjectRe: Kernel 4.17.4 lockup
On 07/11/2018 07:56 AM, H.J. Lu wrote:
>>> How can I turn them on at boot time?
>> The only thing you can add at boot time is slab debugging, and it's
>> probably the most useless of the three that I listed since you're not
>> actually seeing any slab corruption.
>>
>> The rest are compile-time options.
> I enabled KASAN, slab debugging, DEBUG_PAGE_ALLOC and disabled
> KASLR. Machine locked up. Here is the last kernel message before locking
> up.

KASAN looks to have caught it, although it scrolled off the screen. I
can certainly imagine the oops you saw earlier being caused by stack
corruption.

Sounds like we need to reproduce this in an environment that can
actually capture a real oops. Can you share more about your workload?
I'll see if I can get it to reproduce in a VM.

  Last update: 2018-07-15 22:05    [W:0.057 / U:0.308 seconds]