SubjectRe: [RFC net-next 00/15] net: A socket API for LoRa
Dear Andreas,

here are a few comments in response to your answer.

The SX1276 can do MTU sizes up to 2048 bytes, there is a FIFO and
corresponding interrupts to handle this, details are in datasheet.

Regarding the LoRaWAN concept, when companies like Semtech and IBM
designing such a thing, and other companies (Stackforce) implementing
the code for it. This does not mean automatically that it is good for
most use cases. Specifically the idea of the concentrator has major
limits. Check out our article and picture: "Protocols: LoRaWANTM vs
RadioShuttle" at http://www.radioshuttle.de/en/radioshuttle-2/protocol/

Again my opinion is that that such a specific driver is not needed in
the kernel.

I am happy to provide further feedback, when you have questions about
the SX1276Generic driver which I maintain, I am available to discuss
this. And again the open source driver works on mbed, arduino and can be
easily adopted to Linux user space and other environments.

Regards
Helmut

--
best regards / mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Helmut Tschemernjak

HELIOS Software GmbH
Steinriede 3
30827 Garbsen (Hannover)
Phone: +49-5131-709320
Fax: +49-5131-709325
Internet Mail: helmut@helios.de
Web: http://www.helios.de
Google+: http://helios.de/helmut

  Last update: 2018-07-11 13:45    [W:0.090 / U:0.608 seconds]