SubjectRe: [RFC v4 0/1] i-search functionality for mconf
Hi Dirk.

On Fri, Jun 08, 2018 at 08:46:05PM +0200, Dirk Gouders wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this version is a prototype of the idea, Sam suggested -- I hope I
> undestood it correctly.
>
> This is a remarkable change to mconf in it's behavior; mainly it now
> differentiates two focuses and operates differently, depending on the
> focus. When the focus is on the menu, mconf is in i-search mode, for
> a detailed description see 1/1.
>
> As stated earlier, this is just a prototype, documentation is missing
> and the code is not ready for a real commit.

When trying this out it started to work as envisioned.
But somehw I manage to get stuck in the menus and cannot navigate to
the buttons.

Consider to remove the old short-cut for the menus.
(Most/all the first_alph thingy in menubox.c)
That will avoid two confliting navigations principles and likely
make the code simpler to read.

I am not sure, but maybe you can get rid of all the hotkey
support in print_item with this change too.

Sam

  Last update: 2018-06-08 23:57    [W:0.050 / U:0.744 seconds]