SubjectRe: [RFC 0/1] mconf: Emacs-like isearch
On 06/06/2018 02:56 PM, Dirk Gouders wrote:
> Hello,
>
> being an Emacs user, I frequently find myself pressing CTRL-s in mconf
> to search for some menu entry, especially in large menus.
>
> I decided to implement a basic isearch in mconf and would like to hear
> if others find this functionality useful, as well.
>
> The new functionality is started with pressing CTRL-s followed by
> characters that form the search string. To search for further
> occurences of an entered string, press CTRL-s instead of further
> characters.
>
> For example: to navigate to the USB device drivers, press CTRL-s de ENTER ENTER usb ENTER ENTER

Not being an emacs user, what is the "de" for above?

> Pressing just CTRL-s subsequently results in line-by-line navigation
> through the menu (search for empty strings).
>
> The isearch is terminated by pressing either ESC ESC or ENTER.
>
> Because I expect that errors are found in the code and changes are requested, I
> completely left out the documentation part and will add it to V2
> should anyone find this functionality useful.

Hm, it seems to take 2 entries of Ctrl-s to begin the search??
No, it takes 2 entries of Ctrl-s to display the "isearch:" prompt,
but entering one Ctrl-s + a string will display it also.

Anyway, I am having trouble getting the USB drivers example to work.

> Thanks,
>
> Dirk
>
> Dirk Gouders (1):
> Emacs-like isearch for mconf.
>
> scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/dialog.h | 5 ++
> scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/menubox.c | 140 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
> scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/util.c | 1 +
> 3 files changed, 145 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

thanks,
--
~Randy

  Last update: 2018-06-07 00:24    [W:0.067 / U:0.264 seconds]