SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] HID fixes
On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 4:06 PM Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com> wrote:

> Julian let me know if you need any help with this,
> to format the HID descriptor take a file with
> the raw descriptor in binary format and do:
>
> cat descriptor.bin | hidrd-convert -o code

But what is the *source* of this binary crud?

Because no way in hell do we take binary crud from random places, and
then add it to the kernel.

NOT EVEN IF IT WENT THROUGH SOME "hidrd-convert" PHASE!

And yes, now that I google for that hidrd-convert pattern, I see that
we already have other broken chunks like this.

Not ok. At least some of them seem to mention where the data comes from, eg

"This is the original report descriptor as reported by lsusb -vd 046d:c294"

but this one has no such information.

So guys, you need to think about where things come from, and document
how some random garbage came to be. Not just add it to the kernel.

Linus

  Last update: 2018-06-20 10:59    [W:1.532 / U:0.088 seconds]