SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] overlayfs update for 4.18
On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 3:59 PM, Christoph Hellwig <hch@infradead.org> wrote:
>> vfs: add f_op->pre_mmap()
>
> We've been through these pre-mmap games a few times, and always rejected
> them, why is this any different?

Don't know what the other cases were.

Overlayfs case is completely state free. It just does a copy-up in
the case of a shared mapping so that subsequent modifications of that
file get reflected in the shared mapping. Can't do the copy-up with
mmap_sem held due to locking depencencies.

>> vfs: export vfs_dedupe_file_range_one() to modules
>
> Please use EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL for all these crazy low-level exports.
>
> To be homest I'd really like to see the whole thing as a patch series
> instead of a pull request. Very little seems to have gotten any
> reviewed-by tags which makes me very suspicious.

Did a couple of iterations and got some good feedback. But can post
the current version, if you think that's useful.

Thanks,
Miklos

  Last update: 2018-05-29 16:14    [W:0.066 / U:10.308 seconds]