SubjectRe: nds32 build failures
On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 4:15 AM, Vincent Chen <vincentc@andestech.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 01:17:05PM +0800, Kito Cheng wrote:
>> Hi Arnd:
>>
>> I am GCC guy from Andes, we've missed the release schedule for GCC 8,
>> we didn't upstream the Linux support on time.
>>
>> Our plan is put our GCC 8 on github and continue commit rest patches
>> to upstream.
>> And we'll put our source on github after our internal testing done.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
> Dear Arnd:
>
> The prebuilt nds32 toochain with gcc 8 is placed here
> https://github.com/vincentzwc/prebuilt-nds32-toolchain/releases
>
> The source code of each component for this toolchain is placed here.
> a. gcc:
> path: https://github.com/andestech/gcc.git
> branch: nds32-8.1.0-upstream
> b. binutils
> path: https://github.com/andestech/binutils.git
> branch: nds32-binutils-2.30-branch-open
> c. glibc
> path: https://github.com/andestech/glibc.git
> branch: nds32-glibc-2.27-v0
> d. Linux
> path: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git
> branch: master
>
> This toolchain also can be manually generated by the following script
> https://github.com/andestech/build_script/blob/master/build_toolchain.sh
>
> We successfully generate a bootable kernel image with nds32 defconfig by this
> toolchain. However, we find a new compiler warning, Wstringop-overflow, when
> building arch/nds32/kernel/vdso.o. We have sent a patch to fix it.

Ok, very good! I'm back from my travels now and have built a new set
of cross-toolchains that I'm currently uploading to kernel.org, using
your sources for nds32 and the mainline binutils-2.30/gcc-8.1.0 sources
for everything else.

I still see a number of other warnings in architecture independent files,
but none that you need to be worried about. We should be able to get
back a clean build without warnings soon.

Arnd

  Last update: 2018-05-22 12:39    [W:0.149 / U:4.328 seconds]