SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Kconfiglib menuconfig implementation
On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 5:47 AM, Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@infradead.org> wrote:
> On 05/20/2018 08:33 PM, Ulf Magnusson wrote:

>>> Hi Ulf,
>>>
>>> What else are you planning to do with /(search)?
>>
>> Here's the stuff I've thought of so far:
>>
>> - Display invisible symbols in red (to match show-all mode)
>>
>> - Search prompts of menus and comments as well
>>
>> - Have [F1] show the help display without canceling the search,
>> so you can quickly scan through a bunch of symbols
>>
>> Maybe you could get fancy with stuff like finding symbols that are
>> related to other symbols in particular ways too...
>>
>>> /syscall lists 20 or so symbols. It would be nice if each one of those
>>> showed its current setting [y,n,maybe^Wm].
>>
>> Nice idea. I added it:
>> https://github.com/ulfalizer/Kconfiglib/commit/3161affaa5bb8350a39bfd305c56171a25b02151
>>
>> Works for strings/int/hex too.
>
> Thanks.
>
>>> I like Toggle show-all mode. When I use xconfig, I usually turn on most
>>> of its options, including one like that.
>>
>> IIRC, xconfig doesn't make it very clear which symbols are invisible
>> in show-all mode. That's why I made them red.
>
> Yes, that's helpful.
>

> --
> ~Randy

Hello,

I've added a mode that lists the names of all symbols in the menu now
as well, toggled with 'c' ('n' was taken :).

Any other features you miss from xconfig? Other suggestions?

Cheers,
Ulf

  Last update: 2018-05-22 12:19    [W:0.102 / U:0.352 seconds]