SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] tracing: Updates for v4.17
On Mon, 9 Apr 2018 13:23:05 -0400
Steven Rostedt <rostedt@goodmis.org> wrote:

> Linus,
>
> New features:

BTW, I forgot to mention that there will be some merge conflicts due to
updates to the documentation directory.

The fix by Stephen should work.

http://lkml.kernel.org/r/20180321153127.23737f6e@canb.auug.org.au

-- Steve

> - Tom Zanussi's extended histogram work
> This adds the synthetic events to have histograms from multiple event data
> Adds triggers "onmatch" and "onmax" to call the synthetic events
> Several updates to the histogram code from this
>
> - Allow way to nest ring buffer calls in the same context
>
> - Allow absolute time stamps in ring buffer
>
> - Rewrite of filter code parsing based on Al Viro's suggestions
>
> - Setting of trace_clock to global if TSC is unstable (on boot)
>
> - Better OOM handling when allocating large ring buffers
>
> - Added initcall tracepoints (consolidated initcall_debug code with them)
>
> And other various fixes and clean ups

  Last update: 2018-04-09 23:19    [W:1.059 / U:0.032 seconds]