SubjectRe: RTL8723BE performance regression
On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 7:28 PM, Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@lwfinger.net> wrote:

(...)

> As the antenna selection code changes affected your first bisection, do you
> have one of those HP laptops with only one antenna and the incorrect coding
> in the FUSE?

Yes, that is why I've been passing ant_sel=1 during my tests -- this
was needed to achieve a good performance in the past, before this
regression. I've also opened the laptop chassis and confirmed the
antenna cable is plugged to the connector labeled with "1" on the
card.

> If so, please make sure that you still have the same signal
> strength for good and bad cases. I have tried to keep the driver and the
> btcoex code in sync, but there may be some combinations of antenna
> configuration and FUSE contents that cause the code to fail.

What is the recommended way to monitor the signal strength?

Thanks for such a quick reply,

--
João Paulo Rechi Vita
http://about.me/jprvita

  Last update: 2018-04-04 04:38    [W:0.087 / U:0.524 seconds]