Subjectlinux-next on x60: hangs when I request suspend was Re: linux-next on x60: network manager often complains "network is disabled" after resume
Hi!

I wanted to re-test next (4.16.0-rc7-next-20180329), but that one does
not suspend at all.

I normally suspend by pressing power button in MATE, but that action
currently results in machine hanging.

Pavel

On Mon 2018-03-26 10:33:55, Dan Williams wrote:

> > > If the state is "unmanaged" on resume, that would indicate a
> > > problem
> > > with sleep/wake and likely not a kernel network device issue.
> > >
> > > We should probably move this discussion to the NM lists to debug
> > > further. Before you suspend, run "nmcli gen log level trace" to
> > > turn
> > > on full debug logging, then reproduce the issue, and send a pointer
> > > those logs (scrubbed for anything you consider sensitive) to the NM
> > > mailing list.
> >
> > Hmm :-)
> >
> > root@amd:/data/pavel# nmcli gen log level trace
> > Error: Unknown log level 'trace'
>
> What NM version? 'trace' is pretty old (since 1.0 from December 2014)
> so unless you're using a really, really old version of Debian I'd
> expect you'd have it. Anyway, debug would do.
>
> > root@amd:/data/pavel# nmcli gen log level help
> > Error: Unknown log level 'help'
>
> nmcli gen help
>
> > root@amd:/data/pavel# nmcli gen log level
> > Error: value for 'level' argument is required.
> > root@amd:/data/pavel# nmcli gen log level debug
>
> This should be OK.
>
> > root@amd:/data/pavel# cat /var/log/sys/log
>
> It routes it to whatever the syslog 'daemon' facility logs to (however
> that's configured on your system). Usually /var/log/messages or
> /var/log/daemon.log or sometimes your distro configures it to
> /var/log/NetworkManager.log.
>
> Or if you're using a systemd-based distro, it would probably be in the
> systemd journal so "journalctl -b -u NetworkManager"
>
> > Where do I get the logs? I don't see much in the syslog...
>
> > And.. It seems that it is "every other suspend". One resume results
> > in
> > broken network, one in working one, one in broken one...
>
> Does your distro use pm-utils, upower, or systemd for suspend/resume
> handling?
>
> Dan

  Last update: 2018-04-03 10:52    [W:0.090 / U:0.452 seconds]