SubjectRE: [RFC] vhost: introduce mdev based hardware vhost backend
Date

Ideally we can have a device binding with normal driver in host, meanwhile support to allocate a few queues attaching with PASID on-demand. By vhost mdev transport channel, the data path ability of queues(as a device) can expose to qemu vhost adaptor as a vDPA instance. Then we can avoid VF number limitation, providing vhost data path acceleration in a small granularity.

> It's pretty cool. We also have some similar ideas.
> Cunming will talk more about this.
>
> Best regards,
> Tiwei Bie
>

> > Then using IOMMU with VFIO to limit access through queue to corrent
> > ranges of memory.
> >

> > --
> > MST

  Last update: 2018-04-20 05:51    [W:0.100 / U:0.920 seconds]