SubjectRe: [RFC 2/6] dmaengine: xilinx_dma: Pass AXI4-Stream control words to netdev dma client
On 04/17/2018 01:43 PM, Radhey Shyam Pandey wrote:
> Hi Vinod,

The standard interfaces need to work in a way that a client using them does
not have to know to which DMA controller it is connected. In a similar way
the DMA controller shouldn't have any client specific logic for the generic
interfaces. Otherwise there is no point of having a generic interface.

There are two options.

Either you extend the generic interfaces so it can cover your usecase in a
generic way. E.g. the ability to attach meta data to transfer.

Or you can implement a interface that is specific to your DMA controller and
any client using this interface knows it is talking to your DMA controller.

  Last update: 2018-04-17 14:55    [W:0.077 / U:0.104 seconds]