SubjectRe: [BUG] Kernel crash on Allwinner H3 due to sound core changes
Date
Hi,

Dne petek, 02. marec 2018 ob 13:40:50 CET je Mark Brown napisal(a):
> On Thu, Mar 01, 2018 at 11:23:57PM +0100, Jernej Škrabec wrote:
> > I removed parts of the code from the sun4i codec driver and interestingly
> > it doesn't crash if I remove following lines:
> >
> > ret = devm_snd_dmaengine_pcm_register(&pdev->dev, NULL, 0);
> > if (ret) {
> >
> > dev_err(&pdev->dev, "Failed to register against DMAEngine\n");
> > goto err_assert_reset;
> >
> > }
> >
> > Is it possible that NULL pointer causes troubles somewhere down the line?
>
> Shouldn't be, that's just the configuration which is optional and not
> what we're crashing trying to register, we can mostly configure things
> by querying the capabilities of the DMA controller via the dmaengine API
> these days. You're removing all the DMA support there so cutting out a
> huge segment of the initialization of both this driver and the machine
> driver. Other sunxi devices seem to be starting happily in -next so
> there's something system dependent here...

I enabled memory debugging and it seems that there is an issue caused by
snd_dmaengine_pcm_unregister().

Here is relevant dmesg: https://pastebin.com/raw/80K9GPnB

Does this tell anything?

Best regards,
Jernej

  Last update: 2018-03-05 22:31    [W:0.100 / U:0.652 seconds]