SubjectRe: staging: ion: ION allocation fall back order depends on heap linkage order

On 02/07/2018 05:32 PM, Laura Abbott wrote:
> On 02/07/2018 07:10 AM, Alexey Skidanov wrote:

>>> The query ioctl is designed to get the heap ID information without
>>> needing to rely on the linking order or anything else defined in
>>> the kernel.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Laura
>>
>> That is true. But if we have 2 *automatically created* heaps of the same
>> type, how userspace can distinguish between them?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Alexey
>>

> The query ioctl also gives the name which should be different
> for each heap. It's not ideal but the name/heap type are the best
> way to differentiate between heaps without resorting to hard
> coding.
>
> Thanks,
> Laura

You are correct ... It will work (assuming that user space developer
knows where to look for the name :) )

So, the userspace may pass the list of pairs [heap type, name] (as part
of allocation ioctl) defining the fallback order.

Thanks,
Alexey

  Last update: 2018-02-07 16:50    [W:0.039 / U:1.484 seconds]