SubjectRe: UFS writing request failure handling
Date
Hi Bart
Thanks for your answer.
I looked at SCSI core source codes these days, UFS also follows SCSI core error handling.
There is already re-issue behavior, and assign 5 retries for each UFS request if there is error.

>On 02/12/18 04:21, Bean Huo (beanhuo) wrote
>> I am looking at UFS error handling, but I didn't notice re-issues
>> requests with UTP error to the host controller. According UFS host
>> spec, "host software either completes the request that had the error
>> and requests still outstanding with error to higher level software, or
>> re-issues these requests to the host controller". For the latest Linux
>> UFS driver, it belongs to former one? If I am wrong, please correct
>> me.
>
>Hello Bean,
>
>I'm afraid that reissuing a failed write forever could cause an infinite loop that
>makes e.g. user space processes unkillable or that could cause an orderly
>system shutdown to hang. I'm not sure that we want such behavior.
>
>If you want to learn more about how the SCSI core handles failed writes,
>please have a look at scsi_decide_disposition(). A possible approach to
>modify the error handling behavior is to stack a dm driver on top of the SCSI
>core that implements the desired behavior.
>
>Bart.

  Last update: 2018-02-13 16:19    [W:0.022 / U:2.392 seconds]