SubjectRe: linux-next: lots of merges in the sound-asoc tree
On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 09:38:57AM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> I know that you usually like to keep one topic branch per soc and then
> merge them all, but currently your tree seems to only contain a couple
> logical changes (platform to component and codec to component), so
> surely that could have been done in (maybe) 2 topic branches and saved
> large number of very small branches (often a single commit) and a large
> number of merges.

If you look at the changes that are per branch (one series is on a
single branch due to dependencies and a lower change rate) they're often
relatively large and likely to conflict with further development that
gets done. This also lets me drop anything that causes problems much
more easily.

  Last update: 2018-02-13 12:42    [W:0.029 / U:1.872 seconds]