SubjectRE: Dell docking station & Dell Embedded Controller & PS/2 devices
Date

Docking station itself won't have sent any events. The PS2 ports in it
are electrically wired to the external PS2 pins in the docking adapter on
the system.

System EC is what will be sending any PS2 events.

> /* Check if this is a new device announcement (0xAA 0x00) */
> if (unlikely(psmouse->packet[0] == PSMOUSE_RET_BAT && psmouse-
> >pktcnt <= 2)) {
> if (psmouse->pktcnt == 1) {
> psmouse->last = jiffies;
> goto out;
> }
>
> if (psmouse->packet[1] == PSMOUSE_RET_ID ||
> (psmouse->protocol->type == PSMOUSE_HGPK &&
> psmouse->packet[1] == PSMOUSE_RET_BAT)) {
> __psmouse_set_state(psmouse, PSMOUSE_IGNORE);
> serio_reconnect(serio);
> goto out;
> }

> I am not sure where the "spurious ACK comes from". Can you enable i8042
> debug before trying to dock and capture the data stream from the mouse?

The system EC has reset PS2 devices (but AFAIK kernel won't have seen this
communication).

  Last update: 2018-02-01 20:36    [W:0.199 / U:0.024 seconds]