SubjectRe: [RFC v3 11/19] kunit: add Python libraries for handing KUnit config and kernel
On Thu, Dec 06, 2018 at 12:32:47PM +0000, Kieran Bingham wrote:
> My main initial idea for a libumlinux is to provide infrastructure such
> as our linked-lists and other kernel formatting so that we can take
> kernel code directly to userspace for test and debug (assuming that
> there are no hardware dependencies or things that we can't mock out)

The tools/ directory already does this for a tons of things. Its where
I ended up placing some API I tested a long time ago when I wanted to
test it in userspace, and provide the unit test in userspace (for my
linker table patches).

> Now we just have to start the race to see who can tweak the kernel build
> system to produce an output library first :)

Should be relatively easy if the tools directory used. Yes, there is
an inherent risk of duplication, but that was decided long ago.

Luis

  Last update: 2018-12-07 02:07    [W:0.086 / U:5.232 seconds]