    Subjectusb: thoughts of adding more support for FT232H
    Date
    Hi Johan,

    I've been developing some iio device drivers and found that some people
    would like to test their devices with a qemu system which requires an
    i2c or spi port on our development hosts. Usually this is achieved with
    a DLN-2 adapter, while this is a bit difficult for me because it costs
    ~175$ in my country. Then I found that FTDI's FT232H supports both these
    two modes and costs only less than 5$ but without full support in kernel.
    The ftdi-sio driver supports FT232H only as a serial converter.
    So I'm planning to write a mfd driver for it supports both these three
    modes, here are my thoughts:
     - This device cannot support these three modes together because they
       share some common pins, so I'm planning to add a sysfs entry
       'current_mode' for selecting which mode the device should be working
       on.
     - This device is in uart mode on reset, so default mode would be reset,
       too. This also helps for people only want to use this as a serial
       converter feels nothing has happened (compatible).
     - I was trying to reuse the ftdi-sio driver but it seems like mfd can
       only register platform devices, while this is a usb driver. I may
       have to copy some functions from this driver.

    Would you share any ideas? I'd appreciate it.

    yours,

    Song Qiang

      Last update: 2018-12-05 15:11    [W:2.628 / U:0.120 seconds]