SubjectRe: [RFC net-next 3/9] net: hns3: Add "port vlan table" information query function
> > > Adding debugfs files for basic switch concepts like MAC and VLAN tables
> > > seems like a bit of a stretch to me. I wonder what others think.
> >
> > Agreed.
>

> I was wondering how other vendors are solving this? One way I could
> understand is to use "Switchdev" framework which in turn will expose
> entries to the kernel using the switch driver. In our NIC we don't
> have a proper switch and it cannot learn/age entries.

Your hardware is there to accelerate what linux can do in software.
How do we manage the software version of this feature?

> Also, on-SoC NIC contains other tables which might not have any standard
> user-space interface at all. What are your suggestions regarding that?

How are these tables map to software features the Linux stack
implements?

Andrew

  Last update: 2018-12-04 12:33    [W:0.069 / U:0.312 seconds]