SubjectRe: 4.14 backport request for dbdda842fe96f: "printk: Add console owner and waiter logic to load balance console writes"
> Let's first figure out if it works.

I would still like to try applying your patches that went into
printk.git, but for now I wonder if we can get Steven's patch into
4.14 first, for at least we know it mitigated the issue if not
fundamentally addressed it, and we've agreed it's an innocuous change
that doesn't risk breaking stable.

I haven't done this before so I'll need your help. What's the next
step to actually get Steven's patch *in* linux-4.14.y? According to
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/stable-kernel-rules.html
I am supposed to send an email with the patch ID and subject, which
are both mentioned in this email. Should I send another one? What's
the process like? Thanks!

--
Best,
Daniel

--
Best,
Daniel

  Last update: 2018-12-12 02:17    [W:0.149 / U:0.120 seconds]