SubjectRe: [git pull] mount API series
Hi Al,

On 2018/11/2 12:07, Al Viro wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 01, 2018 at 11:59:23PM +0000, David Howells wrote:
>
>> (*) mount-api-core. These are the internal-only patches that add the
>> fs_context, the legacy wrapper and the security hooks and make certain
>> filesystems make use of it.
>
> FWIW, while rereading that series I'd spotted something very odd in erofs.
> It's orthogonal to everything else, but just to make sure it doesn't get
> lost:
> * sbi->dev_name thing in erofs is used only for debugging printks,
> basically. Just use sb->s_id[] and be done with that.
> * dump struct erofs_mount_private - you don't need dev_name in
> your erofs_fill_super(). Just use mount_bdev() in usual fashion.

OK, these two points are the same, the original alternative patch to fixup it is to use bdevname(),
However I saw what is done in drivers/usb/gadget/function/f_fs.c, therefore I fixed in as what I saw in f_fs.c.

Refer:
https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/linux-erofs/2018-September/000548.html
https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/linux-erofs/2018-September/000551.html

I could remove erofs_mount_private entirely if you want. :)

> * what the hell are you doing with ->s_root??? Why would you
> possibly want it hashed and what kind of dcache lookup could find it?
> That d_rehash() looks deeply confused; what are you trying to do there?
Thanks for pointing out. After I think into this piece of code, I also think that is redundant.
I will fix it immediately, thanks again for pointing out.

Thanks,
Gao Xiang

  Last update: 2018-11-03 07:31    [W:0.306 / U:0.024 seconds]