SubjectRe: ext4 file system corruption with v4.19.3 / v4.19.4
Date
In gmane.comp.file-systems.ext4 Theodore Y. Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 03:16:33AM +0300, Andrey Jr. Melnikov wrote:
> > Corrupted inodes - always directory, not touched at least year or
> > more for writing. Something wrong when updating atime?

> We're not sure. The frustrating thing is that it's not reproducing
> for me. I run extensive regression tests, and I'm using 4.19 on my
> development laptop without notcing any problems. If I could reproduce
> it, I could debug it, but since I can't, I need to rely on those who
> are seeing the problem to help pinpoint the problem.

My workstation hit this bug every time after boot. If you have an idea - I
may test it.

> I'm trying to figure out common factors from those people who are
> reporting problems.

> (a) What distribution are you running (it appears that many people
> reporting problems are running Ubuntu, but this may be a sampling
> issue; lots of people run Ubuntu)? (For the record, I'm using Debian
> Testing.)
Debian sid but self-build kernel from ubuntu mainline-ppa.

> (b) What hardware are you using? (SSD? SATA-attached?
> NVMe-attached?)
SATA HDD WDC WD20EZRZ-00Z5HB0.

> (c) Are you using LVM? LUKS (e.g., disk encrypted)?
No and no. Plain ext4.
-- cut --
debugfs: features
Filesystem features: has_journal ext_attr resize_inode dir_index filetype
needs_recovery extent 64bit flex_bg sparse_super large_file huge_file
dir_nlink extra_isize metadata_csum
-- cut --

> (d) are you using discard? One theory is a recent discard change may
> be in play. How do you use discard? (mount option, fstrim, etc.)

no

  Last update: 2018-11-28 11:10    [W:0.119 / U:0.388 seconds]