SubjectRe: Official Linux system wrapper library?
Daniel Colascione wrote:
> This resistance to exposing the capabilities of
> the system as they are, even in flawed and warty form, is what I meant
> by "misplaced idealism" in my previous message.

With my application-developer hat on I prefer some resistance to flaws and
warts, as the resistance gives me a better feel for which functions are
problematic and which can be used more reliably. If glibc is missing Linux
syscall functionality that I really need then I can use syscall (with the usual
caveats) and I've done that on occasion (and have regretted it later too :-). It
is helpful for glibc to prefer mild curation to slavishly copying an API that
can be a bit helter-skelter at times.

  Last update: 2018-11-12 02:53    [W:0.143 / U:0.084 seconds]