SubjectRe: Logitech high-resolution scrolling..
On Sun, 28 Oct 2018, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> So I use a Logitech MX Anywhere 2S mouse, and really like it. I have
> the scroll-wheel unlocked, because I like flicking once to scroll a
> lot.
>
> However, the new high-res scroll code means that the scroll wheel
> action is now much too sensitive. It's not even stable - it will
> scroll back-and-forth a bit occasionally, and in fact it sometimes
> seems to scroll not because I touch the scroll-wheel, but because the
> movement of the mouse itself causes the scroll wheel to move slightly
> and wiggle the scroll action.
>
> So the recent change to enable the high-res scrolling really seems a
> bit *too* extreme.
>
> Is there some middle ground that turns the mouse from "look at it
> sideways and it starts scrolling" to something slightly more
> reasonable?

Benjamin indicated that Peter probably has found the issue in the code
(failure to properly reset on direction change) that might be causing
this. Adding to CC.

Peter?

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs

  Last update: 2018-10-29 14:19    [W:0.396 / U:0.188 seconds]