SubjectRe: Is Fixes line enough?
On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 09:05:20AM -0500, Larry Finger wrote:
> Greg,
>
> A question has come up on the linux-wireless ML. If a patch has a "Fixes"
> line, is that sufficient to get it flagged as a patch in Stable, or is a
> "Cc: Stable" line also needed?

Someone actually asked this question at the Maintainer's Summit,
actually. The answer was that the Fixes line is not sufficient for
Greg's scripts; you have to have the "Cc: stable" line as well. Greg
tried using the Fixes line as a trigger, but there were too many cases
where this pulled in commits that weren't really suitable for the
Stable kernels. Sasha's machine-learning lash up will use the Fixes
line as a signal, but if you want to explicitly request that the patch
should be cherry-picked into Stable, you should have the "Cc: stable"
line.

(Also mentioned that at the Maintainer's Summit was that we probably
do need to take a look at the Stable documentation and see how it
needs to be updated to reflect how things are currently behind
handled. :-)

Cheers,

- Ted

  Last update: 2018-10-23 16:39    [W:0.057 / U:1.164 seconds]