SubjectRe: KASAN: slab-out-of-bounds Read in vhci_hub_control
On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 6:04 PM, Shuah Khan <shuah@kernel.org> wrote:
> On 09/04/2018 12:52 PM, syzbot wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> syzbot found the following crash on:
>>
>> HEAD commit: 420f51f4ab6b Merge tag 'arm64-fixes' of git://git.kernel.o..
>> git tree: upstream
>> console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=126a6f0e400000
>> kernel config: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=531a917630d2a492
>> dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=bccc1fe10b70fadc78d0
>> compiler: gcc (GCC) 8.0.1 20180413 (experimental)
>> syz repro: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=121caa46400000
>> C reproducer: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=14ed8ab6400000
>
> C producer doesn't reproduce the problem on 4.19-rc5. Does this C producer
> depend on state of the machine? i.e what is the status of vhci_hcd - are
> there any devices attached?

Hi Shuah,

syzbot always runs tests reproducers on a clean machine. There is some
state are running a Debian wheezy init, but no test/fuzz/stress
workload is run before the reproducer.
syzbot also uses VMs, so there are no real devices attached. And it's
GCE VMs (not qemu), and I think GCE does not even emulate any USB
devices.

An obvious thing to try would be to use the exact commit and config
syzbot gave (rather than 4.19-rc5).
You can also take the image syzbot uses here:
https://github.com/google/syzkaller/blob/master/docs/syzbot.md#crash-does-not-reproduce

> I can see the problem looking at the code and fix is easy. However, I would
> like be able to reproduce it and verify the fix works. Also this would be a
> good regression for the driver I could consider adding to selftests.

syzbot can test fixes for bugs with reproducers:
https://github.com/google/syzkaller/blob/master/docs/syzbot.md#testing-patches
So it can test your fix. But this obviously won't help with a test.

  Last update: 2018-10-02 18:42    [W:0.067 / U:0.020 seconds]