SubjectRe: Crash in msm serial on dragonboard with ftrace bootargs
On 10/16/2018 10:27 PM, Steven Rostedt wrote:

> OK, can you add to the command line:
>
> ftrace=function ftrace_filter=*schedule*
>
> to see if it's a specific function that may be causing the issue (but
> hopefully it's not one of the scheduling functions that caused it).

Target boots fine with this. So its not scheduling functions that is
causing it. Also I tried with ftrace_filter=*msm* just to be sure if
tracing driver functions is causing any issue but its NOT.

>>> Does it break if the crypto is not initialized? Perhaps add a command
>>> line flag to have it happen earlier:
>>>

>> I didnt see any breakage, have been using ramoops with postcore_initcall
>> for sometime now.
>>
>>> ramoops=earlyinit
>>>
>>> and add a postcore_initcall that checks if that flag is set, and if so,
>>> it does the work then, and the late_initcall() will do nothing.
>>>
>>> That way, you can still have unmodified kernels use pstore when it
>>> crashes at boot up.
>>>

>> Sounds good.
>
> Great, I guess you can write a patch to do that ;-)

Sure I can :) but as Kees said it would be better if we could
find a way to make it work with a late initialization of compression.
I will try on that.

Thanks,

--
QUALCOMM INDIA, on behalf of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member
of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation

  Last update: 2018-10-16 19:37    [W:0.110 / U:0.580 seconds]