    SubjectRe: BUG: corrupted list in p9_read_work
    Dmitry Vyukov wrote on Wed, Oct 10, 2018:
    > How can they be faked?
    > If we could create a private rdma/virtio stub instance per test
    > process, then we could I think easily use that instance for 9p. But is
    > it possible?

    "RDMA" itself can be faked pretty easily nowadays, there's a "rxe"
    driver that is soft RDMA over ethernet and can run over anything.

    The problem is that you can't just give the client a file like trans fd;
    you'd need to open an ""rdma socket"" (simplifying wording a bit), and
    afaik there is no standard tool for it ; or rather, the problem is that
    RDMA is packet based so even if there were you can't just write stuff
    in a fd and hope it'll work, so you need a server.

    If you're interested, 9p is trivial enough that I could provide you with
    a trivial server that works like your file (just need to reimplement
    something that parses header to packetize it properly; so you could
    write to its stdin for example) ; that'd require some setup in the VM
    (configure rxe and install that tool), but it would definitely be
    possible.
    What do you think ?

    For virtio, I'm not as familiar with the environment so I do not know if
    there are ways to fake it as easily unfortunately.

    > Testing on real hardware is mostly outside of our priorities at the
    > moment. I mean syzkaller itself can be run on anything, and one could
    > extend descriptions to use a known rdma interface and run on a real
    > hardware. But we can't afford this at the moment.

    Sure, I understand that.

    > As far as I understand RDMA maintainers run syzkaller on real
    > hardware, but I don't know if they are up to including 9p into
    > testing. +Leon

    I'd be interested in knowing what kind of tests runs there :)

    --
    Dominique Martinet

      Last update: 2018-10-10 16:41    [W:2.104 / U:0.020 seconds]