    SubjectRe: PROPOSAL: Extend inline asm syntax with size spec

    * Richard Biener <rguenther@suse.de> wrote:

    > Can kernel folks give this a second and third thought please so we
    > don't implement sth that in the end won't satisfy you guys?

    So this basically passes '0 size' to the inliner, which should be better
    than passing in the explicit size, as we'd inevitably get it wrong
    in cases.

    I also like 'size 0' for the reason that we tend to write assembly code
    and mark it 'inline' if we really think it matters to performance,
    so making it more likely to be inlined when used within another inline
    function is a plus as well.

    Does anyone have any concerns about this?

    Thanks,

    Ingo

      Last update: 2018-10-10 09:23    [W:3.518 / U:0.312 seconds]