SubjectRe: ANNOUNCE: bpfd - a remote proxy daemon for executing bpf code (with corres. bcc changes)
On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 08:29:39PM -0800, Joel Fernandes wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Just providing an update: I made lots of progress last few weeks and
> all the issues mentioned below (in the last post) are resolved.
> I published an LWN article explaining the design of BPFd and BCC-side
> changes: https://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/744522/ba023b555957408e/
>
> There are still a few things that don't work well like symbol
> resolution, and I am working on it. The effect is just tools that need
> it wont work, which aren't that many from what I see but the goal is
> to get everything working ultimately.
>
> My next steps are to post the BCC side changes on github as a pull
> request (once I get a chance to rebase and send along with any clean
> ups). I also request you to take a look at the top 7 patches on this
> branch and provide any early feedback to me:
> https://github.com/joelagnel/bcc/commits/bcc-bpfd
>
> Based on activity on twitter and folks pinging me, it seems there is a
> LOT of interest for this both within Google and outside so its quite
> exciting. I strongly believe this will expand the use of BCC in the
> community. I look forward to presenting some demos at SCALE showing it
> in action.
>
> I am looking forward to your comments. Thanks.

I added a bunch of comments on github, I hope that's fine, otherwise I can dig
them out and post them in here. All in all everything looks good, I just have
some concerns about how the remote stuff is bolted into the python bindings.
Thanks for doing this, it's a great start,

Josef

  Last update: 2018-01-25 16:33    [W:0.062 / U:0.180 seconds]