    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] Security subsystem updates for 4.14
    On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 1:25 PM, Linus Torvalds
    <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
    > On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 12:09 AM, Christoph Hellwig <hch@infradead.org> wrote:
    >>
    >> But yes, for the init-time integrity_read_file this is incorrect.
    >> It never tripped up, and I explicitly added the lockdep annotations
    >> so that anything would show up, and it's been half a year since
    >> I sent that first RFC patch..
    >
    > I don't think anybody actually tests linux-next kernels in any big
    > way, and the automated tests that do get run probably don't run with
    > any integrity checking enabled.
    >
    > Which is why I actually look at the code when merging unexpected stuff.
    >
    > This is also why I tend to prefer getting multiple branches for
    > independent things.
    >
    > Now the whole security pull will be ignored because of this thing. I
    > refuse to pull garbage where I notice major fundamental problems in
    > code that has obviously never ever been tested.

    Is it time to start sending pull request for each LSM and thing under
    security/ directly? I'm not sure I have a strong preference either
    way, I just don't want to see the SELinux changes ignored during the
    merge window.

    --
    paul moore
    www.paul-moore.com

      Last update: 2017-09-08 19:37    [W:4.598 / U:0.108 seconds]