    SubjectRe: [v7 2/5] mm, oom: cgroup-aware OOM killer
    On Wed 06-09-17 14:41:42, Roman Gushchin wrote:
    [...]
    > Although, I don't think the whole thing is useful without any way
    > to adjust the memcg selection, so we can't postpone if for too long.
    > Anyway, if you think it's a way to go forward, let's do it.

    I am not really sure we are in a rush here. The whole oom_score_adj
    fiasco has showed that most users tend to only care "to never kill this
    and that". A better fine tuned oom control sounds useful at first but
    apart from very special usecases turns out very impractical to set
    up. At least that is my experience. There are special cases of course
    but we should target general use first.

    Kill the whole memcg is a really useful feature on its own for proper
    container cleanup.
    --
    Michal Hocko
    SUSE Labs

      Last update: 2017-09-06 16:11    [W:5.163 / U:0.056 seconds]