SubjectRe: [DEBUG] mtd: spi-nor: dump DWORDs of the Basic Flash Parameter Table
Hi Cyrille,

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 9:28 PM, Cyrille Pitchen
<cyrille.pitchen@wedev4u.fr> wrote:
>> Can you apply this patch on your tree then report me what was printed, please?
>> I have an idea of the root cause of your issue then a potential work-around
>> but I first need to validate my assumption to confirm that the work-around
>> would actually work.

+m25p80 spi0.0: DWORD1 = 0xffffffff
+m25p80 spi0.0: DWORD2 = 0xffffffff
+m25p80 spi0.0: DWORD3 = 0xffffffff
+m25p80 spi0.0: DWORD4 = 0xffffffff
+m25p80 spi0.0: DWORD5 = 0xffffffff
+m25p80 spi0.0: DWORD6 = 0xffffffff
+m25p80 spi0.0: DWORD7 = 0xffffffff
+m25p80 spi0.0: DWORD8 = 0xffffffff
+m25p80 spi0.0: DWORD9 = 0xffffffff
+m25p80 spi0.0: DWORD10 = 0x00000000
+m25p80 spi0.0: DWORD11 = 0x00000000
+m25p80 spi0.0: DWORD12 = 0x00000000
+m25p80 spi0.0: DWORD13 = 0x00000000
+m25p80 spi0.0: DWORD14 = 0x00000000
+m25p80 spi0.0: DWORD15 = 0x00000000
+m25p80 spi0.0: DWORD16 = 0x00000000
+m25p80 spi0.0: BFPT version 1.0 (length = 9)

> If you could also dump the value of the 'addr' argument of
> spi_nor_read_sfdp_dma_unsafe() just before the for () loop below in the
> very same function. Actually, I suspect the SFDP tables of your SPI NOR

+m25p80 spi0.0: addr = 0x448

> memory sample to have been programmed with invalid values, neither
> compliant with the JEDEC JESD216 specification nor with the Cypress
> datasheet for this memory part.

Sounds plausible.
I get the same values when disabling DMA, so it's not due to bad DMA handling.
All Renesas boards I have local or remote access to have spansion,s25fl512s.

Thanks!

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert

-- Linus Torvalds

  Last update: 2017-09-11 10:59    [W:0.114 / U:0.332 seconds]