SubjectRe: linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commit in the drivers-x86 tree
On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 08:50:06AM -0700, Darren Hart wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 02, 2017 at 06:06:20PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 5:28 PM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> > >
> > > I would say that if you rebase someone's commit(s), then you are on the
> > > "patch's delivery path" and so should add a Signed-off-by tag.
> >
> > Yeah, I agree. Rebasing really is pretty much the exact same thing as
> > applying a patch.

I will be away for a few days, but will follow up on this when I return.
In the meantime, my plan is to leave the current for-next branch alone
rather than rebasing it to fix the previous rebase which resulted in the
mixed committer/signoff issue Stephen's new test identified.

I just want it to be clear I'm not ignoring the issue, but rather
planning on addressing it in commits going forward - based on the
results of the discussion below.

Thanks,

--
Darren Hart
VMware Open Source Technology Center

  Last update: 2017-08-05 23:58    [W:0.184 / U:0.032 seconds]