SubjectRe: [alsa-devel] ALSA: pcsp: Use common error handling code in snd_card_pcsp_probe()
On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 17:03:00 +0200,
SF Markus Elfring wrote:

> >> * I find it a bit safer when the error predicate is “return value != 0”.
> >
> > Can't agree.
>
> How do you think about to reduce the probability that positive return values
> will accidentally be interpreted as a successful function execution.

It's not zero.

> > And I have no interest to continue bike-shedding, sorry.
>
> I do not like that you prefer to put this technical detail into such
> a communication category.
>

> > You can't convince me regarding this.
>
> Would you still like to integrate the proposed refactoring with the use
> of previous failure predicates then?

That's fine.

But, please don't forget what others already mentioned.
For example, Joe Perches suggested to put a blank line before the
label for your patches. But you completely ignored it and did the
same again.

thanks,

Takashi

  Last update: 2017-08-22 17:08    [W:0.066 / U:24.184 seconds]