SubjectRe: A udev rule to serve the change event of ACPI container?
On Fri, Aug 04, 2017 at 05:06:19PM +0200, Michal Hocko wrote:
> On Thu 03-08-17 11:37:37, YASUAKI ISHIMATSU wrote:
> >

> > On 08/02/2017 01:49 AM, joeyli wrote:
> > > Hi YASUAKI,

> > > [...snip]

> > > Here: https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/11/28/520
> >
> > Thank you for specifying the URL. In the URL, I wrote the following problems:
> >
> > > 1. easily fail
> > > My container device has CPU device and Memory device, and maximum size of
> > > memory is 3Tbyte. In my environment, hot removing container device fails
> > > on offlining memory if memory is used by application.
> > > I think if offlininig memory, we must retly to offline memory several
> > > times.
> >
> > I think the issue still remains. If process keeps accessing memory, offlining
> > the memory easily fails with EBUSY.
>
> Yes and the only way how to deal with it is to retry the offline. In
> order to do that userspace has to be notified to try again.

Looks that kernel still needs to rely on userspace to trigger offline
for each child device.

My plan is to impelement a _EJECTING_ flag on acpi_device struct.
It indicates that the acpi device under ejection process. The flag
will be changed in the following situations:

- EJECTING flag 0 -> 1
- After acpi_scan_hot_remove() sends KOBJ_CHANGE for all children

- EJECTING flag 1 -> 0
- After acpi_scan_hot_remove() calls _EJ0
- Any child device was set online again

And, according to the order, any EJECTING flag changing work must be
pushed to kacpi_hotplug_wq work queue.

Thanks a lot!
Joey Lee

  Last update: 2017-08-15 12:05    [W:1.898 / U:0.008 seconds]